Monday, January 21, 2008

DAY 180....179 DAYS TO GO....

If Phileas Fogg can get round the world in 80 days, then 180 days should be time enough to find a Plus 1

So here's the problem.
My friends - let's call them Ross and Rachel - are getting married this summer and I vowed never to attend another wedding solo so I am on a mission to find a plus 1.
Of course my recent birthday didn't help matters and during a flurry of Vodka the idea came to me when we (my equally drunken friend - let's call her Diamond) were checking out Mr I Love NY and Mr Movie Star at a local bar.
Suffice to say nothing came of either but here I am at least following one thing through from the night, 180 Days To Find A Man was born.
The clock is ticking and as my GBFF (Gay Best Friend Forever) Peter Parker has informed me I have less than 180 days to find a suitable date.

So here's the state of play...

POTENTIAL PLUS 1'S - 0
GAY BACK-UPS - 1
WISH LIST POTENTIALS - Wentworth Miller, Milo Ventimiglia
STUPID SUGGESTIONS FROM PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME - 5
NUMBER OF NEW EXCUSES FOR NO PLUS 1's - 3


Excuse number 1 - He's an international spy currently saving the world from mass destruction.
Excuse number 2 - He's shooting his latest movie and can't possibly get away for the wedding.
Excuse number 3 - He is here, he's just at the loo. (Note to self this only works the first ten times you are asked after which a new lie must be used such as he's a doctor and got called to an emergency).

NUMBER OF RANTS AND/OR ANXIETY ATTACKS - 2

I think by now you've got the gist, catch you next week for the latest installment of my dating saga...

Love Nicole xx


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole
I love your idea, I really hope you find a Plus 1. It's a nightmare.
Sinead

Anonymous said...

So, this whole GBFF thing, does it entitle me to an open bar?

Anonymous said...

170 DAYS!!!argh!!

so when's our next fix-her-up-er night out?!