Thursday, February 7, 2008

DAY 179...178 DAYS TO GO...


It seems that everyone wants to help me in my quest to find a Plus 1 for Ross and Rachel's wedding - some are being a little too helpful....

My married friend, let's call her Mrs Lumberjack, was watching a news report or something about busy people dating online and automatically thought of me - shocker.

Apparently this website offers professional people the opportunity to meet singles they are compatible with online and you can meet them when your schedule permits.

It's supposed to be helpful for us busy singles who don't have the time to go out and actually meet new people. And I have to admit in a way it would make it easier to meet potential Plus 1's but I just can't bring myself to join a dating service.

I am still of the mindset that once you enter the world of online dating you can no longer function in society without a keyboard and a mouse.

Can you imagine after chatting online and building up the BIG FACE TO FACE DATE and having no chemistry whatsoever? Awkward much.

Plus there's the whole potential serial killer element to it all - I mean how much can you really tell about someone over email or a few messenger chats?

Take me for example I don't even use my real name in this blog (most of my friends know who I am, well that's perhaps because I emailed the link to everyone in my address book!)
You get the point.

Mrs Lumberjack isn't the only one who wants to give me hints about dating.

Lana Lang sent me a wonderful link to a website designated to getting singles out there in a self-help, life manual kind of way.

Myreah Moore, a dating expert and author of Date Like A Man, offers a handy guide to find The One.

Being a jaded cynic I thought Lana has to be playing with me on this one and after 30 seconds I had guessed right.

The opening paragraph read: "Before you can find the man of your dreams, you've got to know the type of guy who will make you happy. Take this quiz to determine what qualities you need in an ideal husband and start your quest to finding Mr. Right!"

An ideal husband - are you kidding! Who said anything about marriage all I want is a Plus 1.
Being a good sport I took the quiz and almost vomited a few times.

One of the questions was: You're on a dinner date. When the waiter comes to take your order, you hope the guy you're with....

One of the options made me gag: Your date orders for you, from appetiser through dessert -- you get a kick out of old-fashioned, man-in-command behaviour. Seriously are there women out there who like this??

Note to potentials - NEVER order for me, I think therefore I am, I am quite capable of deciding what I want to eat at any given time thank you very much. Rant over.

Honestly I was scared what they were going to ask me next.

One option asked if my perfect goodnight kiss was a peck gingerly on the cheek and a squeeze of the hand - come on that's not a goodnight kiss, that's a "I don't fancy you enough to stick my tongue down your throat" kiss. No one wants that.

I opted for a kiss followed by a high five...I like to laugh!

After answering all the questions the quiz deemed me destined for The Sensitive Guy, well 40 per cent of my answers indicated this.

According to Ms Moore's quiz my ideal man has a serious case of the feelings whether he wears them on his sleeve or not. And he would as easily listen to ballads as he would stage a protest against cruelty to animals. I do dig protesters.

Coming a close second at 30 per cent is The Fun-Loving Fellow - the most personable guy in the room.

He's a good laugh and can hold his own in any situation but his flirting is his flaw.

As long as he doesn't flirt with the bride he can be my Plus 1 any day!

So now that I know that my soul mate is either Mr Sensitive Guy or The Fun-Loving Fellow, I am sorted, my life makes sense once again, I feel almost complete (insert sarcasm where appropriate).

So here's the state of play...

POTENTIAL PLUS 1'S - billions if you count the potentials on the web
GAY BACK-UPS - 1
WISH LIST POTENTIALS - Wentworth Miller (I watched Prison Break last night and he is so hot, swoon), since watching WM try to escape from prison I've gone of TV cops this week so I'm going with George Clooney (like Carrie Bradshaw said he's like a Chanel suit he'll always be in style)
STUPID SUGGESTIONS FROM PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND ME - 7
NUMBER OF EXCUSES FOR NO PLUS 1'S - 3

Excuse number 1 - He was imprisoned in Panama as part of a conspiracy against him and his brother. He's currently breaking out so he might make it for dessert.

Excuse number 2 - He's stuck in a conference in Hong Kong. His boss sent him to head up an important meeting for his high flying job. He promised to bring me back a present to make up for missing the wedding.

Excuse number 3 - I asked him not to come because he's so damn gorgeous I didn't want the other male guests at the wedding to get jealous and I can't be bothered with all the ladies swooning over him, it's just too much hassle.

NUMBER OF RANTS AND/OR PANIC ATTACKS - 6 including this blog!

Catch up with my predicament next week....

Love Nicole x

PS Hope that clears things up Lusty Busty (see comment) :)

No comments: